He’d been in the woods along the Kingsroad, but had greatly
diverged from his path in his search for game. He wasn’t particularly
set on King’s Landing as his destination, finding himself to be just
as content to live in these woods than to face the teeming masses
of lost souls in the Capitol, all searching for refuge from the war.
The king was dead, and the king after him, and there was no safety
in King’s Landing, he would take his chances with the winding
woods. He had no real notion of where he was anymore, but his
bow in hand was what fed him day by day, and he’d come up short
so far and it was nearly dusk. His bag had dried meat for unlucky
days, but a couple more and his stores would be exhausted.
He stepped over a felled tree to see a scruffy, scrawny girl in front
of him. She met him with demand, but he was never so inclined to
follow demands given him by strangers.
’ Explain myself?
What about the likes of you?
What’s a young girl as yourself
doing alone in these woods? ‘
Do I wanna know if this feeling flows both ways?
He had no notion of containing Madge, she was a force of nature and she was fearsome to behold. She was something out of the fairy tales that merchant parents told their children at night to bring them hope of true love. Every glimpse in her direction was a refreshing breath of new air in Gale’s eyes. He’d made hints at his affections, the way his pulse fluttered and palms sweat when their eyes met. He wanted to resent her, but found quickly that he was simply not able.
He thought once of telling her of these observations, or moreso many times, but each time the thought entered his mind so did the possibility of disastrous results, so his mouth remained silent.
" ——— Strawberries. Fresh. “
His tone was that as it normally was, but he had other things on his mind.
" Peeta and Katniss get back tomorrow, from their tour. I know you and Katniss seemed to be pretty good friends ————— “
He had no better ideas for smalltalk than their mutual friend. Katniss had been a dear friend of his, as long as he remembered. But he’d given up hope in the battle for her attention, he’d come to find that Madge was someone to direct it towards that was altogether more deserving. The time they’d spent watching the games together and then watching the tour together on the days previously spent in the woods with Katniss had cemented their friendship, and in his own mind it was developing into something more.
" So don’t forget about me and give her all your time. " He joked lightly, though uneasy.
- "Are you crazy?”
- "Are you even listening to me?"
- "Are you even listening to yourself?"
- "Are you sure they won’t find out?”
- "Are you sure this is legal?”
- "Are you sure you know what you’re doing?”
- "Are you threatening me?"
- "Be mine."
- "Do I know you?"
- "Do you love me?"
- "Do you remember this?"
- "Do you trust me?"
- "Don’t go."
- "Don’t let me die"
- "Don’t look at me like that."
- "Don’t make me beg.”
- "Don’t you dare come near me!"
- "Don’t you dare."
- "Explain yourself."
- "For you, I would _____"
- "Give it back."
- "Give me another chance."
- "Have you ever even done this before?"
- "How drunk are you right now?"
- "I already regret this."
- "I am not wearing that.”
- "I can’t believe you missed that."
- "I can’t do this anymore."
- "I can’t even look at you."
- "I could kill you!"
- "I dare you." or "I dare you to _____."
- "I didn’t do it.""
- "I didn’t know you could do that."
- "I don’t want to look at you right now.”
- "I guess this is goodbye.”
- "I hate you."
- "I have to go."
- "I just want to cuddle."
- "I know your secret.”
- "I love you, but I really wish I didn’t.”
- "I love you."
- "I miss you so very much."
- "I missed you."
- "I need a drink."
- "I need a hug."
- "I never really loved you."
- "I owe you."
- "I think I broke it."
- "I think I’m falling in love with you. "
- "I think I’m forgetting something."
- "I think it’s broken.”
- "I trust you."
- "I want to be yours."
- "I want to try this thing I read in a book.”
- "I want you. Naked. In my bed. Now."
- "I’ll be there in five minutes.” ”This is really inappropriate.”
- "I’m all for spicing thing’s up, but isn’t this a bit much?”
- "I’m bad for you.”
- "I’m dying."
- "I’m going to be sick."
- "I’m not speaking to you anymore."
- "I’m pregnant and it’s yours."
- "I’ve never heard that one before."
- "If you stay quiet, no one will know.”
- "Is that my shirt?"
- "It was me"
- "It’s so beautiful.”
- "It’s time to choose.”
- "Just five more minutes."
- "Just go."
- "Just leave me alone."
- "Just let me die."
- "Just relax."
- "Just what did we do last night?"
- "Kiss me you idiot."
- "Kiss me."
- "Make me."
- "Marry me?"
- "My Parents don’t know"
- "My parents know.""
- "Never again."
- "Nh, don’t be so rough!"
- "No, that can’t be my baby."
- "No! You can’t die on me now!"
- "Put it away.”
- "Put your trousers on!"
- "Put. The. Weapon. Down."
- "Shut up and listen."
- "Take responsibility."
- "That isn’t mine."
- "That looked easier on TV."
- "That sounds painful."
- "That was a bad plan."
- "That’s mine!”
- "That’s the cheesiest pickup line I’ve ever heard."
- "They’re coming.”
- "This seems familiar."
- "This stays between us."
- "Truth hurts, don’t it?"
- "Want to hear a secret?"
- "We need to talk."
- "We’re moving too fast.”
- "Well that was unexpected."
- "What are we doing here?"
- "What are you afraid of?"
- "What are you touching?"
- "What are you?"
- "What do you need?"
- "What happened to you?"
- "What have I done this time?"
- "What if someone catches us?”
- "What sort of noise was that?”
- "What the hell do you think you’re doing?"
- "What were you thinking?"
- "Where are my clothes?"
- "Where did you find this?"
- "Where do you even find this sort of thing?”
- "Where were you?"
- "Who’d have guessed you could pull such a face?”
- "Why are you wearing that?"
- "Why yes, I am as think as you drunk I am."
- "You could have died!”
- "You could have killed someone!"
- "You coward."
- "You don’t need to be so gentle.”
- "You drive me crazy!"
- "You have ten minutes, so make it quick.”
- "You lied to me!"
- "You mean everything to me."
- "You owe me."
- "You. Come. Snuggle. NOW!"
- "You’re all out of ____."
- "You’re an idiot.”
- "You’re bad for me.”
- "You’re dead to me."
- "You’re pregnant and It’s mine"
- "You’re really good at this…”
- "You’re so weird."
- "You’re under arrest."
Send me “AM" and I’ll use a random number generator and make a starter for you based on one of those lines from Arctic Monkeys song lyrics. Or, choose a number yourself and send it to me.
(Total: 60. Mostly shippy stuff. Some might be nsfw.)
- ❝I was hoping you would have like a gnarly scar. Add character… And mystery.❞
- ❝You’re slutty, not easy. There’s a difference, semantically.❞
- ❝Oh I just want to put her in a bag of rocks and drop her in the river.❞
- ❝I’m all about giving. I’m like a bean-flicking Mother Teresa.❞
- ❝Seriously, enough clitorference.❞
- ❝If grateful paid the bills, we’d all be fuckin’ Bill Gates!❞
- ❝I spent a lot of time wondering if it would matter if I died.❞
- ❝The system’s fucked.❞
- ❝Do not defend your boner to me right now!❞
- ❝This one got away, but I swear to you I will die before I see that happen again. I will keep you safe.❞
- ❝I’m feeling some sapphic vibes comin’ off you.❞
- ❝Why did you take us to a gay bath house?❞
- ❝You know I can promise you that I’ve never been saner than I am right now.❞
- ❝I have mastered the art of shutting people off.❞
- ❝I made her come vaginally. Do you even know how hard that is to do? My point is…I don’t even know what my point is anymore.❞
- ❝You live on a slippery slope, kid, but for some reason you keep doing rain dances. Good luck.❞
- ❝I think I’ve moved beyond stress to something more deeply disturbing.❞
- ❝I love you and I fucking hate you.❞
- ❝Why do you always feel so inevitable to me?❞
- ❝Lesbian request denied.❞
- ❝That’s what love is like
it’s like coming home.❞
- ❝You got some fucked up priorities.❞
- ❝It’s not like I’m exactly overwhelmed with the possibilities.❞
- ❝Too hetero?❞
- ❝You’re supposed to be my family.❞
- ❝I always miss you until you’re here.❞
- ❝Don’t you fucking leave me.❞
- ❝Were you trying to pimp me out?❞
- ❝You know, another layer of icing on a shit cake does not make it taste good.❞
- ❝Oh, so here’s the thing
- ❝Adventure is just hardship with an inflated sense of self.❞
- ❝No, this is divine retribution.❞
- ❝Do not project your conscience onto me.❞
- ❝I will fuck you. Literally.❞
- ❝I heart you.❞
- ❝You don’t just turn gay, you fall somewhere on a spectrum, like a Kinsey scale.❞
- ❝I would like to stress that I think this is truly fuckin’ stupid.❞
She nods her agreement to his question and turns to her daughter, plucking up her schoolbag from her shoulder and slinging it over her own arm preemptively before the younger one asked the favour so that she might dart off a little down the street and walk with her friends.
Though there are none in her immediate circle who she’d ever confess such a thing to, there are days when she doubts the life she’s come to create for herself. When she looks at her hands, still scarred, or when the nightmares tear her screeching from sleep, and she can’t look Peeta in the eye. To plaster over irreparable fault lines and traumas with a child is a poor treatment, but it’s something she fears she’s attempted, and on the days when she catches the blue of her daughter’s gaze and sees Prim, she regrets motherhood, however fleetingly. It had taken a good decade at the very least for her to agree to Peeta’s request, after all, and as much as she does love her family, it’s not something she’d ever desired. Gale, however, had, and even she, long-acquainted with false smiles and cardboard expressions, can’t hide the tug of her brows at his admittance.
She’s not sure what she’d expected to have become of him in the years of their separation, but even for all the anger, confusion and sharp bitterness that had surrounded her thoughts of him since she’d returned to Twelve and he’d departed to Two, she’d never wished for him to marinate in pain. Never having been one for mincing phrases and embellishing his words, Katniss believes him when he admits that the closest he’s come to settling and regrowing roots is this, and it offers no comfort or vindication.
Yes, their companionship ended messily and at the drop of a very literal bomb, the aftermath of which can still be seen in the scars across Katniss’ hands, arms, her jaw and neck. Yes, she couldn’t help but blame him for Prim. But he’d been her best friend. Someone who fought so vehemently for their family ought not have been left alone, she thinks, though the words won’t leave her.
Instead, any deeper utterance that might’ve flitted through her mind was bitten back in favour of silence, at least while in the vicinity of the district and watching over her daughter on the walk back to their home. Her eldest and Gale aren’t two things that she can quite reconcile in her mind besides, for innumerable reasons. Noting his cigarette but saying nothing of it, the smoke a reminder of the old Twelve and one that isn’t entirely unpleasant to her tongue and lungs, the walk to what had once been Victor’s Village doesn’t take very long.
Darting inside just long enough to deposit her daughter’s bags on the counter and to inform Peeta that she’d be out in the woods with an old friend for a while, she’s back out of the door before she has to answer any looks or questions, grabbing her hunting jacket as she went and affecting a casualness to her manner that she doubts he can’t see through. It’s just the woods, but there’s no stepping around the fact that whatever conversation they’ll end up having has been more than a decade in waiting.
” —— Ready? “
They leave a trail of ashes and years of words left to fester in their minds. Gale’s unspoken sentences had been left in the folds of his consciousness, spreading like infection to reach every fiber of his being. That’s how it’d always been, in Katniss’ case, she was a disease he feared he’d never be rid of. She was a tightness in the lungs, an awareness and sharpened senses that let one stay aware of their lungs still breathing and heart still breathing, but keeping him aware of his mortality all the same.
His eyes fell on her, and met with scars. His doing.
He didn’t drop the bombs, but he let it happen. He made them.
It was too late for apologies and ripping open old scars, and some things were better left unsaid for the rest of their collective lifetimes. He meets her inquiry with a sharp nod and pointed steps in the direction of the meadow. He hadn’t been in twelve for years, but there are some things so ingrained in a soul that neither time nor distance can erase them. This would always be his home.
Their steps fell softly on the ground, leaving prints in the grass of the meadow they were once so eager to reach. There was no difficulty reaching the forest, and the woods, while never static, felt all the same. The rustle of leaves beneath the careful footsteps made up for the silence of heir tongues, despite its low volume. They had always been in the habit of stepping lightly, from hunting to warfare, it was a habit that never quite left them.
He felt her presence beside him, a certain way the air fell on his skin and an electricity in his veins that he couldn’t quite shake. Her existence was one that was so carefully entwined with his that no matter the years and miles he could never quite shake her. She was a piece of him, a piece of this district that he’d loved, and he was loathe to give her up. She came to him in slumber most nights, sometimes accusing him, screeching murderer in his ear, others it’s with forgiveness.
The reality was much more unsettling.
How was it that the two of them, in all they’d shared, had nothing to say to one another, that their lungs fell devoid of sentences they’d both been surely so longing to release?
“ —————————— So you have a kid?
With Peeta I assume?
That’s nice. He was ( good for you ).
At least, could’ve been —— “
If not for his tendencies to think you a monster and try to tear you apart. His cigarette was nought but dying embers, drawn empty over time. He was tempted to light another, to pull ash and smoke and death through his lungs. It seemed only fitting giving their setting and its uncharacteristic cleanliness.
some fun real life snapchats for munday
in other news guess whos back and better than ever
Please don’t go, I’ll eat you whole.
ok so the other day i forgot my nametag at work (i have worked there almost a year right) and my manager kept joking that she didnt know my name beucase i didnt have my namtag, and after a while admitted she just didnt know my name for real